Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Proof of lagg!!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:53 am 

Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r_l11Y ... e=youtu.be

My Ping is 18
Look at the internet speed
its the servers
only green server is USA! I cant play in Russia
Here's the proof of the actual pin in servers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2W5Z4c ... e=youtu.be

Post subject: Re: Proof of lagg!!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:48 pm 
Leader

Since the topic of servers/lag has been rather popular recently with the discussion of how "one big great server" would fix all the problems with TDP4's diminishing user base I thought I'd write a little "guide/explanation" on how lag works for you as a user and why one big server isn't possible, even if it seems like a great idea.

So to begin with let’s take a look at how you as a user know you're lagging. This would be with the indicator in the top right called your "ping" what this means is if you have 250ms of ping that means anything you do has a 250ms travel time to and from the TDP4 server. Even simpler, this means if you shoot a gun and you have 50 ping, that means it takes 50 milliseconds for the bullet to be sent to the server and the "hit" on the enemy player to be sent back to you.

So now after understanding that you might be asking "So what? Why not just make one server where everyone has low ping?" well to that I ask why can't I have something delivered half way across the world instantly? It's the same basic concept. There are two main factors of having high ping. Your internet itself, and the distance to the server. There are of course more factors but they aren't needed to understand why we can't just lower everyone’s ping.

So the first factor is your internet. This is what you pay for monthly and is provided to you by your ISP(Internet Service Provider) so the two things about this are the strength of your internet and the directions it takes. So for the most part the "strength" of your internet is how fast your upload and download speed is. Now for most people even if you have 3mbps down and like 0.3mbps up on speedtest.net you probably aren't being hindered too much by your internet. The second part is the "direction" this basically means when you shoot someone or move or do anything the "information" of you doing that has to be sent to the server like an email. Now for the TDP4 servers I personally am of the belief they have them in a sub-optimal place that has bad routing for a gaming server, but what this means is information you are sending to the server is hitting a ditch in the road, or there's a terrible map for the information to follow to get to the server. This is worse for some people than others though.

Then the second part, to continue on with what I was saying just before, is the server itself, and its location relative to yours. So let's say I live in Australia and one of you lives in America. We live back in the 1990s where we sent letters to each other. If I wanted to send you a letter it might take a week to get to you, then if you replied on the same day it'd take another week for your letter to come to me. This is the same concept as ping, which would be 2 weeks of ping (The actual ms value of the ping is something stupidly high). So to further this if we both lived in America to send letters to each other might take only a day because we live so close together. That would mean the ping would be 2 days. Obviously a lot shorter than two weeks!

Which at the end of the day means if we closed every server and put all funding into 1 giant server in say, America. That would mean all Europeans would lag the same as they do now in America, and they would lose their European server that they don't lag in. Or at the very least lag less in. Also putting everyone in one server assuming there was a bigger player base would make everybody lag due to stress on the server from everyone playing on it. This is why Russia has multiple servers and there are player limits. Imagine if everyone suddenly used the same mail service.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:46 am 

did u see the vidoes? if yes u can comment if not u cant bcz u have no idea what you're talking about. my interent speed is the best. just shit servers,cant pay$10 a month thats all.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:36 pm 
Leader

NoName2017 wrote:
did u see the vidoes? if yes u can comment if not u cant bcz u have no idea what you're talking about. my interent speed is the best. just shit servers,cant pay$10 a month thats all.

I see that u don't understand
I can't help u.
@onion16@

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:37 pm 
Leader

I never lag, unless I am using neighbours WiFi, which is far away, currently using mine, when I don't pay it, I steal from neighbours.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:21 pm 
Leader

NoName2017 wrote:
Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r_l11Y ... e=youtu.be

My Ping is 18
Look at the internet speed
its the servers
only green server is USA! I cant play in Russia
Here's the proof of the actual pin in servers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2W5Z4c ... e=youtu.be

Change to Russia if you wanna play withouth lag :+1: angelbanana

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:33 am 
Leader

He said : "I can't play in Russia"

Are you trying to act cool ?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:44 am 
Senior Helper

Lord Disick wrote:
If you want to report the lag of the servers do it in these sites.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]